Saturday, February 21, 2009

Master Mechanic, Master Builder

Dad the Builder, Can he fix it? Dad the Builder, YES HE CAN! So Friday I drove down the street and picked Kylie up. When I pulled into the garage I thought something smelled funny. Then being the astute wife that I am I also noticed the hood smoking and the sound of something dripping beneath the car. I immediately went and got Kody, who doesn't work Fridays, and he quickly assesed that it was antifreeze gushing out under the car.
"Oh, no!" I thought. Not the car that is paid for. Not the car that we only pay liability on. Not the car that we need only to run one more year so we can build our dream cabin. Long story short, my genius of a husband was able to replace two hoses and the car works fine. It did take him several hours because the hoses were in the hardest to reach places of the engine.
Over the years Kody has saved us thousands of dollars in parts, labor, and maintenance by doing the "dirty work" himself.

Dad the Builder, Can he build it? Dad the builder, YES HE CAN! So in that last story I failed to mention that Kody had originally planned to make a headboard for Kylie's new room on Friday, but due to the aforementioned "incident" that project was postponed to the next day.
I am amazed that he even wanted to tackle another project, His back was sore and his arms were scraped and bruised, but he persisted.
Kylie has proven to be "brave" and wants to sleep downstairs in what used to be the guest room so we decided to re-decorate that room to be her room. Tessa will have her flower room and the baby will be in the Ladybug nursery.
Our look online for affordable headboards was a bust so I suggested we make a picket fence headboard. Kody pulled up images and sent to work making a shopping list. He purchased the items Friday night and in 5 hours on Saturday he created the cutest little girl headboard.
Here are some pics:









Kody never ceases to amaze me. I know he is smart, after all he is an electrical engineer, but now I am convinced he can build or fix ANYTHING! Our Hero!

3 comments:

the fellers said...

YAY! I am glad he fixed your car....ours too is paid for and only has liability on it, and I am so scared for the day that it goes...which I am sure wont be TOO much longer....hopefully AFTER we get a house, but we shall see....anyway, and that headboard is SO cute!

Julie said...

Kylie's new headboard is adorable! It's nice to have handy husband around!

Danielle said...

oh i love it! so darling! it is so nice to have handy, capable hubbys! :)