Thursday, February 12, 2009

14 Things I Love

#5 Parents
My parents are great. I don't know how they did it raising 8 kids, but we all have turned out normal and happy so I guess they knew what they were doing.

My Dad worked two jobs a lot of times to keep us all in shoes, but he never complained. My favorite memories with him (there are alot) are him throwing us on our bed before bedtime, and boating. When I was about 8 or 10 my Dad bought a boat. We probably didn't really have the money but he realized the importance of making memories. Weekends and even weeknight evenings were filled with boating. Through these experiences we learned responsibility, safety and we had a lot of fun!

My mom worked just as hard as my dad to keep everything running smoothly in the family. One thing I love is that my mom always did something special for holidays. Ice cream for breakfast on April Fools Day, pink milk on valentine's day, and green eggs on St.Patrick's Day are just a few of her signature celebrations. She also supported us 100% in our schooling and our sports. She also was a great mom during my teenage years. Even my friends liked her!

My parents have made the biggest difference in my life. I often think how different I would be if I were born in a different family. I love my parents and am grateful for all the sacrifices and hardwork they put into being good parents and the effort they STILL are putting in so they can be wonderful grandparents to my children!

No comments: