Thursday, February 12, 2009

14 Things I Love

#4 The Gospel
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been a member my whole life. I get emotional when I think of the impact this first statement has had on my life and will continue to have on my life. The gospel has helped shaped me into the person I am today and the person I hope to someday become.
I was taught values and principles at a young age. I was baptized. I went through the Young Women's program that helped me build a strong testimony and gave me friends who supported me in standing for truth and righteousness. I attended Ricks College. For me, this time in my life was literally a feast...a spiritual feast. Family Home Evening with roommates, Devotional, Ward Prayer, Institute classes, etc. The gospel encompassed everything. I was able to listen to the voice of an apostle of the Lord. President David Bednar was the president of the college at the time and I feel blessed heard his powerful testimony on several occasions. Being married in the Bountiful Temple was the greatest experience of my life. Since then life hasn't been easy but the gospel has given me knowledge, perspective, faith, endurance, and many other things I have needed.
I know that our Savior lives. There are know words I can write to convince you of theat, but I can tell you that a thousand different experiences and feelins over my life have witnessed that to me. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet who guides us. I have been blessed with a special love for the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He saw what he said he saw in that grove of trees. He restored the true church to the earth and gave us the Book of Mormon to guides us.
That is my testimony! I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

the fellers said...

Isnt it amazing to look back on college days, I always think even though it was supposed to be the hardest time in my life...being away from home, on my own, etc, it was the most spiritual time of my life. Maybe because I didnt have my support system around me 24/7...I had to learn to have my own testimony. Sorry, that was all about me, but your saying being at college being a spiritual feast, just made me think about that!