I come from a family of teachers. My grandpa was a professor, and my grandma and a couple of my aunts are teachers as well. My mom, though not an educator herself, held many jobs at the local elementary school and had friends that were teachers.
When I was little I use to line up my dolls on the couch and play school. I think most teachers will admit that they have a little bossiness in them too. We like to be in charge of people, in a good way.
My patriarchal blessing talks many times about me teaching in various capacities.
I love that I get to express my creativity through my teaching. It is very rewarding to feel like you play a part in the educational process.
I taught kindergarten for two years after college and am in my 4th year of running my own preschool. It is a lot of hard work but I really enjoy it. It is the only thing I have wanted to do (besides being a mother) and hope to be able to do it for a very long time. I am very passionate about education, and enjoy being involved in the process.
I love meeting all the wonderful children in the community and getting to know their parents. I love the conversations I have with them…everything from what they did during the weekend to what they want to be when they grow up.
I would love to post some pictures of my preschoolers but because of their will only post one of my and my FAVORITE preschooler!

No comments:
Post a Comment