Wednesday, February 4, 2009

14 Things I Love

#11 Sports
I have been a huge sports lover ever since I was little. In elementary school I wished I could play touch football with the boys.
In middle school I played on recreation teams for softball and volleyball. Our softball team was really good and won 2 years in a row.
I learned the rules of football by asking my brothers while he was watching.

In high school I played 4 years of volleyball, 4 years of basketball, 3 years of softball, and 1 year of track. I learned to have a love/hate relationship with Sports. I loved my teammates and working hard, but the politics and the stress got a little much at times. It's weird to look back and realize that I never went home after school EVER! Volleyball conditioning started in August and then the end of a sport usually overlapped with the conditioning for the next one. Summers were pretty busy as well with camps.
I really liked Volleyball. I didn't have a lot of natural ability in Basketball but made up for it in hustle (I was a way better defensive player than offensive), and then the sport I truly felt I had natural ability in, Softball, went south my Junior year. My coach wanted me to play Varsity catcher, a position I had NEVER played, and then benched me when I didn't do as well as he wanted. So my senior year I did track and field which I loved. Less pressure. I really liked throwing the javelin.

Even now I love sports. I like to play soccer, volleyball, softball, and basketball. I love to watch sand beach volleyball and football. I don't think my husband realizes how lucky he is to have a wife that enjoys watching football and actually knows what is going on.

So this in probably one of my passions that I feel the most distant from right now. Maybe when the kids get a little older I can join a city league or something!

Any of you play?

No comments: