Friday, February 6, 2009

14 Things I Love

#10 Friends
I have been so lucky to have had so many wonderful friend throughout my life who have truly shaped who I am today.
Some of my first friends were my cousins. My mom and her sisters are a very tight-nit bunch and so my first sleepovers, playdates, etc. were with my cousins.
Next, there were my childhood friends who made school bearable. Many of these friends I was lucky enough to attend elementary, middle, and high school with.
My High School friends were awesome. They were so much fun. There were the girls from my ward who I was lucky enough to share a tent with at young women’s camp. My teammates who were always there to support me after a tough loss and those girlfriends that made my birthday special. Finally, that crazy group of guys who let a girl tag along with them as they played Frisbee football and cruised the ‘vard making trouble.
There are no words to describe my Ricks College friends. I literally knew no one up at Ricks, but I was lucky enough to live in the Normandy where good times and good friends were in abundance. My first roommate Kari will always hold a special place in my heart. Hours after becoming her friend people would ask if we were from the same town. Jean, Janet, Jessica, Miranda, Melissa, Ranie, Heather, and Miranda all made my time at college a great experience. Beth, my friend, helped me through a tough sophomore year. She is the type of friend who will listen to you vent for hours, and take a ridiculous exercise class with you just for fun. Alice, Laura, Tasha, and Arianne…you, my faithful roommates, are also loved and missed.
Jen made the transition to USU bearable and even helped me find my future husband…now that’s friendship!
Finally, all the friends that I have made since becoming an adult have truly been a blessing. Friends from work, friends from church, friends of friends, friends who confirmed their friendship on facebook …don’t think because I haven’t named you personally that you are not on my list.
I am truly a blessed person and only hope that I can be as good a friend as others have been to me!

4 comments:

the fellers said...

you are a great friend...thanks!

And wait? you are on facebook? I better add you right now!

the fellers said...

are you really on Facebook? I couldnt find you! hmmmm...

M. Leigh Marrott said...

Michelle you are one of the best kind of friends a gal could ask for. Thank you for loving my kids who you have never even met! They got another package from camp bear and my boys are in heaven over those parachute men. You will always have a very special place in my heart.

Kari Clark said...

Chel - all I can say is - I love you! I love reading your blog, it's kinda like talking to you, only you can't hear me laugh and talk back, so it's really not like talking - but I can't tell you how much I love it.