Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To Whom It May Concern

Dear Makers of Maternity Clothes (aka "Men"),

A quick question...why do you feel it is necessary to put very large buttons and snaps on the rear pockets? Do you think that we enjoy objects protruding from our behind or that we like to be prodded in the cheek each time we manage to sit ourselves down. I assure you we are prodded enough in our 9 months and we do not need more torture.

Also, in case you were wondering (1) We would like to wear colors other than black and (2) we do not feel it necessary to show off our chest during this time...yes, yes we do get quite the rack but enough of the V-necks.

What we would like is more in style clothing with a little length to cover our growing baby bump!

Sincerely,
Annoyed Mommy
Woods Cross, UT

7 comments:

Laura said...

hilarious!!

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

and whats with the pants with a 18" turbo elastic panel that still doesnt keep the pants up?

ps. michelle- try shade maternity t's or motherhood scoop neck t's and polos. just be careful when you go into the store- the sales people swoop down on you like a flock of fat kids on a doughnut.

michelle said...

Thanks Mel for pointing out the most obvious violation that I should've put in my letter...pants that won't stay up. I think I might be forced to buy me some suspenders!

the fellers said...

I agree...I HATE maternity clothes...seriously...why are the shirts SO short?? ugh

Kari Clark said...

Chel, you seriously crack me up! My only theory is that women who have never had babies design maternity clothes. Otherwise they would know these things obvious to us veterans. My favorite pants though - Motherhood Maternity's Secret Fit jeans - they rock!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you! When I was pregnant I had the hardest time finding long skirts/dresses too. Most that I found were really short...not that I didn't want to show off my super fat legs and swollen ankles!

Shiree said...

Priceless.