Did you know Rats only have a 21 day gestation period, meaning they get pregnant and deliver in 21 days. Must be nice!
Hamsters it's 16. Kanagaroos it's 40 and Lion's only 108. And yes, the camel, the giraffe and the elephant all have me beat with 406, 425, and 640 days respectively. But what can carry a fetus for 21,900 days?
Apparently a woman!
Okay so I read this way creepy article about a woman who has been carrying a baby for 60 YEARS!! It's called a lithopedian or "stone baby" because in this rare case the baby doesn't make it to the womb and then begins to calicify.
I will never complain about a 9 month (40 week, 280 day) gestation period again!
http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/03/04/1819649.aspx
3 comments:
60 years? What the freak....crazy!
thats funny. You can still complain. I loved your countdown to valentines day. Very fun!
That is creepy! But hang in there - I hate pregnancy more than anything in the world, but the end is all worth it - as you well know!
Post a Comment