Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Greatest Show on Earth

I think I am living out my childhood dreams through my children! This last weekend I took Kylie to see Barnum & Bailey’s Circus at the Energy Solutions Arena. We rode the commuter train from Woods Cross to Salt Lake (something Kylie has been excited about for months) and then we took Trax to the Arena. We got there before the show and got to go down on the main event floor and see some of the clowns, and other performers.
The circus was a lot of fun with clowns, acrobats, tigers, elephants, and lots of amazing acts! We sat by a family from Saratoga Springs with a 3 ½ year old named Brooke. She and Kylie were fast friends by the end of the show…even sharing a seat.
It was a great Mom and Daughter Night that I hope we both will remember for years to come!

Caution:If you do decide to take your kids to a show like this beware of one pitfall: the vendors. $12 cotton candy, $14 dollar toys, etc. After Kody saw the mayhem at Disney on Ice, I wised up and filled my bag with treats and drinks. I even found a little elephant at the dollar store that I gave to Kylie at the show, she loved it and we didn’t have to break the bank!

3 comments:

Angela said...

How fun! I like how you and Kody have planned special one-on-one outings with the girls. I'm definitely going to start copying you! Smart move with the dollar store elephant and treats.

M. Leigh Marrott said...

Who's the best, most smartest mom ever? Hands down, you are!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.