"Bodies"
The other day I was pushing the girls in the shopping cart at Costco when Kylie pats my chest and says “Mom, what do you have in your body? Milk?”
Let me explain…before I had Tessa I, like other mothers, wrestled with the idea of how to explain “breastfeeding” to my toddler. Being a preschool teacher I know that whatever you tell your preschooler they will exclaim loudly in front of others. I didn’t want her loudly explaining to her classmates “my baby drinks from my mom’s breasts (or boobs)!” While correct I feel this is a little embarrassing (to me) and no one ever know quite how to respond. So I simply told her the baby drinks from my “body,” choosing to generalize rather than give an anatomy lesson.
So back to the story….I replied “Yes,” and removing her hand I said “but let’s not touch my bodies.”
"Pokeys"
Don’t we love how children are so honest?! So tonight I was bathing the girls and after I got Kylie dressed I had her sit in my lap so I could brush her hair. I had on my capris and she sat down and said “Mom, these are pokey!” and pointed to my leg hairs. Then she asked “what are these pokeys?”
I replied, “Hairs, leg hairs.” She said, “Oh, I don’t like leg hairs.” “Me, neither” I muttered under my breath.
Let’s face it! I barely have time to shower by myself let alone do much personal grooming. Usually leg shaving is only accomplished on the weekends
4 comments:
I am laughing and laughing. I have had these conversations too. The milk and the pokeys. Oh, the joys of motherhood.
haha Michelle! That is hilarious! I dont like leg hairs either, and I very rarely get to shave them either! haha, kids are too funny!
I'm lucky if my legs even get shaved on the weekends! No one looks at your legs when you have a a cute baby in your arms anyways.
Luckily Julia was too young to really ask about the whole nursing situation, but now I'm equipped with an answer for the future!
Post a Comment