Sunday, August 22, 2010

W-I-L-D...wildcats!

This last week I signed up the girls for the Woods Cross High mini cheerleader camp. Our friends the Seljaas' clued us in and we were happy to join our friends.
It was 2 days of instruction and then the girls got to preform at the football game during half time. Here's how the adventure went:
Day 1-Dressed the girls in their most "cheery clothes" and added to my "Mom of the Year" resume by remembering water bottles.

Kylie is in love with cheering instantly and happily waves as her group goes to the other gym to practice. Tessa rarely looks at the cheerleaders instructing her group, comes over at least 20 or so times to get a drink from her water bottle. I harang my 14 month old on the bleachers in the blazing hot gym for an hour and a half.

Day 2-I repeatedly drill into my almost 3 year olds head that she needs to WATCH and COPY what the cheerleaders are showing her. She follows them for about 5 minutes before attempting to come get a drink. I threaten to throw away her waterbottle if she doeasn't do cheer (never thought I would be "that" kind of mother...don't tell the "Mother of the Year" slection committee). She wanders around her group distracting other girls who are trying to cheer. Her favorite part of the dance is when they finish and lay on the ground kicking their legs...she doesn't get up for a few minutes. I worry that at the performance that my daughter, who I have nicknamed "the wanderer" will not only NOT cheer but will wander off the field.
Kylie is spot on following every move of the cheerleaders and excited to perfrom!

Performance Night-We arrive at the start of the game and the girls sit in their groups the entire first half! I don't know how they kept them happy and all together. My daughter has Cheerleader Michelle who she has bonded with carry her around. The perfromance goes better than I hoped. Tessa does a lot of body jiggling (no wandering) and Kylie was so cute!



We finished the night off with some ice cream for our two little wildcats!

3 comments:

the fellers said...

how fun! I should put Rylee in that next year!

Heather said...

That was lots of fun. I think we have some future cheerleaders on our hands!

Kari Clark said...

That is so cute! I'm surprised that you of all mothers would send your girls to a cheerleading camp!! I'm expecting an apology for all of the harrassment that I recieved for being a cheerleader! JK:) I hope they turn out to be cheerleaders, that would satisfy me!