Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cure for the Common Funk!

I don't know about you but January is a hard month for me. All the wonderful festivities of Christmas are over and it's back to the grindstone. It's cold and dark and cold!

Well I don't know if it's the weather or what but this last week I was in a FUNK! Kody didn't believe this was a real word but it is...it's definition "a state of nervous depression."
I am generally a happy person with a bad day here or there but last week I was grumpy, moody, negative, and down right "funky" for three days!
So I was so happy for the weekend to come! Friday Kody called from work (which he rarely does) and said he had a "plan." We were going to grab something to eat and then head up to Crystal Hot Springs to swim!


I was ecstatic! I realized then that I could never be a single mom because as strong as I thought I was there are times I need my husband!

So long story short. We packed up the girls. Grabbed a bite at Arby's and then headed up to Crystal Hot Springs. Crystal Hot Springs is a swimming place with natural hot mineral springs. Basically 4 very large hot tubs!
We soaked and soaked. Even Mallory loved it (she didn't make a peep the entire time). We sat in the mineral pools as snow fell on our heads and I realized my husband did it....with one kind gesture he brought me out of my funk! Thanks Kod!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you were able to get away for a little fun. I agree with you January is a long month! I think I have been in a Funk myself!! I can't wait for spring to get here!

the fellers said...

how sweet, I am glad you are out of your funk, that was probably not fun for you!!

Kari Clark said...

Kody officially rocks - not that he didn't before, but it wasn't official. What a fun day! And glad that you're out of your funk.

Danielle said...

how cute of him! that is a good idea.. i feel ya with the "funk" thing... winter straight up sucks! lol