Friday, January 1, 2010

For Sale

So I was thinking that we need more holiday traditions. Apparently the ones we already have do not take enough of my time and sanity. So being the great mom that I am I purchased a gingerbread house from Costco. My husband, ever ready to applaud my motherhood, commented "Your NOT going to bake the gingerbread yourself?"
I gave him my "death stare" and muttered "last I checked this wasn't the 1950's."
But I digress. I bought the kit in early December and on the morning of Christmas Eve my kids asked if we were EVER going to make the gingerbread house. I figured since I had put them off for a month if we did not do it today it might take another month to actually put it together.
So as I made Christmas cookies for Santa (another tradition left to the last minute) I helped the girls make their house. We worked and worked until we came up with this masterpiece:
VIOLA!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking....

IT is uncanny how similar our house is to the one pictured on the box...feel free to do a double take!
And we didn't even use ALL OUR candy!

I guess what matters in the end is that this is what I will remember

happy faces on my little girls!

Any one else's gingerbread look like a fore-closed crack house in Alaska?
Think of it as an artistic commentary on this year's economy!
P.S. I think we totally nailed the gingerbread man's do!

2 comments:

Lori said...

So Cute! Your's is much more creative than the one on the box! Did Kody get to help out too? Probably not enough patience for it-huh?

the fellers said...

fore-closed crack house in Alaska!??! BAHAHAHA....i LOVED that! haha