After a holiday weekend filled with fun I sat down at the computer to go through my regular routine of clicking through my bookmarked sights. I caught up on the local and national news at ksl.com and msnbc.com. I got caught up on everyones status at facebook.com. Then I clicked onto my blog to see who had updated. Upon arriving at my blog I noticed someone had commented on my last posting which was activities from Handcart Days.
Now I don’t know about everyone else but I LOVE comments. I think most people do. It’s like getting a letter in the mail and don’t we all need a little validation that in fact our children are “so cute” and our weekend was “really fun,” etc., etc.
Well I click into the comments to see who had responded and to mentally give them friendship points in my head (bet you didn’t know I did that). Much to my pleasure kraftykash had commented “Looks like you had a blast!”
My reaction: “Oh how nice…What the?...Who is kraftykash?” There is a picture of krafty kash and as I study the 30-something who is sitting on a bench with her two toned hair (black on top blonde underneath) holding an ice cream I realize I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THIS IS!

From clicking on her little profile link I learn she is a 34 year old Scorpio from Lincoln Nebraska. She loves her “morning coffee, being a mom, listening to good music, crafting, knitting, and hanging out.” She lists her job status as “Domestic Goddes.” On her page it asks What would you wear for camouflage if you were hiding in a gingerbread house? To which she replies
I would definitely wear a suit made of frosting. I would try very hard not to eat it!
So after learning all this a few thoughts came to mind:
1) I do not know this woman!
2) After ascertaining that I did not in fact know kraftykash I wondered how she came upon my blog. I myself am a closet “blogstalker” who will look at blogs linked from other blogs but most of the time I do know the person associated with the blog.
3) For a short moment I considered that possibly my blog had become a very popular site looked up by thousands of readers like themeanestmom.blogpsot or nieniedialogues.blogspot…this thought of course was fleeting.
4)Why, even if kraftykash had viewed my blog, would she feel the need to comment?
5)How come kraftykash was the first to comment on my posting?! (you all should be ashamed of yourself)
6)Why does she call herself kraftykash? Does she sell her homemade crafts and knitting goods? Or in this case does "krafty" mean skilled in deception? Or Is her given name simply Kashana Kraft?
7)What should I do next?
So in the end I decided to do the passive aggressive thing and NOT ask kraftykash to stop viewing and commenting on my blog and instead just go private.
So tonight there is a woman in Lincoln Nebraska who is sitting on a bench crying into her ice cream cone because her FAVORITE site has gone private!
Side note: In your defense kraftyfash was probably home with her cats logging onto my blog while knitting and listening to good music after a hard day of domestic goddessing while you all were out doing more productive and/or fun things but still I will have to subtract one friendship point from all of your accounts (all except Kari who was the second person to leave a comment).
Side note: Friendship points are kept track of in my brain in separate accounts sorted by the date I met you. They are FDIC insured and if you are wondering about the conversion rate 1 friendship point is equal to 1 Schrute buck. The points never expire but are non-redeemable!
14 comments:
dont feel bad. there are a lot of creepers out there and you cant be too safe.
How about a Stanley nickel????
sounds like a good idea to go private....it is hard to be private, but totally worth it, I think!
Wow! My friendship-point account must be seriously in the red! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations on another beautiful little baby girl!
You remain one of the funniest girls I have ever met. No wonder kraftykash read your blog. You are so witty. Anywho... 1. sorry for not commenting sooner 2. I would like a monthly statement on my friendship points and daily updates sent to my cell 3. your girls are adorable and i miss you (that should get me some points, right? :))
it sucks that we live in a world with so many psychos! I went private pretty much from the beginning because, one of my friends told me that pedofiles will sometimes use people's blogs to track down children. It's not hard to figure out where people live, etc from their blogs. Anywho, I'm sure kraftykash will be sad!
Congratulations on going private! If you continue to blog with such hilarious skill and finesse I'm sure you will be promoted to captain, lieutenant, maybe even general someday. I for one am very proud of you. Be all that you can be, Michelle. ( :
you are so hilarious! i love your clever wording! lol btw, i am calling you this week to see when we can come see mallory!!!! its killing me i haven't seen her yet1 :(
I totally understand. I've had some wierdos comment, and that's when I decided no more posts on Military affairs (That's when I get the most) or no more full names. Make sure to take care of those cute girls =).
HAHAHAHAH! Thanks for the great laugh Michelle and the good life lesson. I love you, I hope my friend account isn't too far in the negative for being so self absorbed the last 7 months. I'm slowing making progress in re-integrating.
Geeze, I don't blame you. I should probably go private. Sorry I'm not a great commenter. I just always felt weird commenting on your blog cause I found it from Danielle's blog and wasn't invited specifically by you..hehe.. :) But now that you know I've been a stalker, I'll come out of the closet! ;)
Amy 1 friendship is equal to a billion Stanley Nickels which of course is the ratio of leprechauns to unicorns! Now I didn't mean to cause any hysteria about the friendship points. Don't worry all your accounts are doing well (No, Beth you cannot get a statement...we are going green). And Kristine I'm flattered that you blog stalked me and I must confess I also blogstalked you through Danielle's blog as well!
Michelle, that post was HILARIOUS! Too funny....I'm so glad my blog is private after reading that! :)
what I want to know is if she requested to view your blog!!!
haha. wouldnt that be crazy?
Post a Comment