Sunday, October 12, 2008

Whatever the Weather...

Usually I love living in Utah. I do like experiencing the seasons, but sometimes I wish they would stay in order. We had been experiencing unusually high temperatures for October thus far with temperatures in the 80’s. As you can see in these pictures we are in short sleeves and sandals as we pick our pumpkins. We grew 17 of them in our garden. 5 looked like actual pumpkins and the rest were some gourd hybrids that I call “teardrop pumpkins” because of their shape.

All that changed overnight. We woke up to snow today and had a high of 39 and a low of 29! It was a little depressing, but at least Kylie got to make her first “snow monster!”

5 comments:

M. Leigh Marrott said...

I can't believe you grew your own pumpkins! How cool is that? It may be that we have lived in rentals and military housing so long, I just can't comprehend being able to have a garden!

Wow... Snow. I snowed on Halloween every year we were in Cheyenne. And by snow, I mean blizzard. Enjoy it all, Michelle.

Much love.

Julie said...

Your girls are so cute! You have your own pumpkin patch! Also, you've been tagged by me :) go to my blog for directions!

Danielle said...

oh my gosh! i love this slide show! i can't believe you grew pumpkins! how fun for your girls. sunday morning i felt like i should bust out my christmas music! utah is a crazy weather place!

Angela said...

Those pics are so cute of the girls. I can't believe you got that much snow! We got some on Friday - but it wasn't near that much. I love the snow monster!

Kari Clark said...

Man, crazy weather! I love the pictures! I want to plant a garden next year really bad - you are MY inspiration!