Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged. I don't know if that's good for me or bad for you...I feel like I have gone overboard with the blogging lately...so everyone bear with me as I tell you

7 Random/Weird Facts About Myself

1.)I don’t have a middle name. My parents thought it was proper to not to give me or my two sisters middle names so we could use our maiden names as our middle names when we got married. I have yet to use my maiden name as my middle name and I have been married for seven years. (Side note: My three younger sisters have us older two-namers to thank for their middle names, we were old enough when they were born to give input!)

2. I once got stuck in a gutter. Believe it or not when I was like 6 (can't really remember how old I was, but I couldn't have been that old...or big) I was "swimming" in the gutter. Yes we were poor and didn't have passes to a pool and apparently it was nice and slippery from moss and we live on the corner where the gutter goes down and under the street. I don't know how it happened but suddenly I was down in the part that slopes down to go under, my head was under the street and my hands were grabbing on to weeds that were growing on the sides. I was kept from going under because my leg got bent back and was touching my back. My sister Laura saw my fingers and ran to get my mom and at the same moment an older gentleman from across the street came and got me out. I have no idea how he did it without breaking my leg!

3.)I’ve never been to a concert. I am insanely deprived. I have been to plays and even an opera in junior high but never a concert. Now that I'm this old there is so much pressure to choose the right concert and I feel like I will be too old to enjoy one properly. I keep hinting to Kody that would make a great anniversary, mother's day, birthday, christmas, hannukah, veteran's day, etc., etc., present but he hasn't gotten the hint. So if you are reading this please give him the message!

4.)I have had stitches twice, but have never broken a bone. Both cuts are on my face and were received before the age of 5. I have one on my chin from falling on a wagon handle (yes in the olden days they were made of steel) and the other on my cheek from a swing set. My sister was teaching me how to "pump" and I did it improperly flipping over and cut my cheek on a screw (were there no safety standards on toys back then?!!!!) I am quite proud of the fact that I have never broken and bone or twisted anything. This is amazing considering the fact that I played volleyball, basketball, softball, and track all through middle school and high school.

5.)I don’t wear contacts or glasses. Eagle Eyes...that's what I have! No really I have to credit good genes! I come from a family of eight and none of us have had to get glasses. Which is good because our teeth alone were enough to put our parents in the poor house!

6.)I worked on a dude ranch in Wyoming. This is both random and weird. It was supposed to be this amazing adventure...instead it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. I'll some it up this way: waitressed in a horrible dress, lived in old logging cabin that you could literally see the stars out of, had to square dance every week, never rode a horse, and got kicked off with about 10 other kids for being LDS! But on the plus side I know all the word to "Happy Trails."

7.)I am a reality TV Junkie. Admittance is the first step right. I have been a lot better these past months, but I love to watch The Biggest Loser, The Amazing Race, Survivor, America's Next Top Model, Kitchen Nightmares, Super Nanny, Baby Borrowers, and I even get into American Idol. Strangely enough I haven't gotten into So You Think you Can Dance? or Dancing With the Stars, or Big Brother. AND I just can't bring myself to endure America's Got Talent. But mostly I game for anything involving reality apparently. That's not to say I don't have "my shows" but that's a whole 'nother addiction! :)

So am I random/weird? Anyone want to stop being my friend?
Well I want to see how random/weird you all are. So start spilling it.
TAG! YOU'RE IT!

4 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

That was fun to learn some more about you, Eagle Eyes!! Luuuucky! My eyes are getting a little worse being pregnant-- did you notice a difference even then?
To answer your q... I would love a cute little baby girl~ you know how much fun that is! Trent would of course love ALL boys.. So we'll see. You know I'll take either.

Julie said...

I'm a reality TV junkie too! We'll just have to form our own little club. You can be pres... ;)
Julie

Sarah and Trent said...

Hey ps Michelle, I think you should go to a New Kids on the Block concert. Then it will count like you went to one in your youth too.

Amy Hansen said...

Ok would you rather have the middle name LaDean or Newell count yourself blessed:)lol