So without further ado I am pleased to present you with some new that is bigger than Leno leaving the Tonight Show, the declining economy, or health care reform....
PEE WEE is back!

That's right the man who brought us Pee Wee's Playhouse; a show with a genie head, word of the day, big blue and dog chair, a puppet that resembled a deformed Chucky, talking flowers, a flying bike, talking terradactyl...okay that show was a little creepy and borderline pedophilia-ish...
Seriously were the writers and producers drunk? I can just see them sitting around in a inebriated state
Bob: "You know what the show should have? A red pleather door?"
Joe: "That's cut ziz zag on one side"
Dave: "Yeah! "And cat puppets playing instruments"
Joe: "And a map of the United States Clock..."
Dave: "that talks....heck let's make everything talk"
but I digress...
Pee Wee will be preforming in a stage show this coming November at the Music Box at The Fonda in Hollywood.
Paul Reubens (Pee Wee)confessed he has reservations about bringing back the iconic character after such a long absence.“I have some fear that he won’t be funny after all this time,” he continued. “I don’t want to ruin it.”
So that begs the question, Was Pee Wee ever really funny to anyone over the age of 8 with something else to watch on Saturday mornings? Or was it merely a train wreck of show that you just couldn't pull yourself away from...somewhere on the order of I Survived a Japanese Game Show or Fox's latest reality show "More to Love?"
I'm thinking we all had undiagnosed ADD!
3 comments:
I'm a little embarassed to say that I used to love Pee Wee's playhouse as a kid. I also can quote way too many lines from his movie Pee Wee's Big Adventure!
I think the fact that Pee Wee is coming back means that the world has really gone mad. They changed my VT assignment so I am no longer your visiting teacher : (. I guess now we are really going to have to plan a time to get together or I will never see you.
I don't know how I feel about that. Coming from someone who had the movies: PeeWee's Christmas where he gave his mail lady press on toe nails and built a room of fruitcake, and also PeeWee Big adventure, it sounds pretty creepy to me. Oh well. At least he has reservations about it. That shows a little bit of sense on his part. I would be morbidly curious about it. Funny. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment