Today was Kylie’s first day of Kindergarten and Tessa’s birthday, so we had to make it special. The morning started with cinnamon rolls (no, not homemade…I’m no Betty Crocker but does it really matter as long as it has cream cheese icing on top?!).
Next it was the tub time, because no one wants to go through their first day of school with sticky hands and face.
Then of course we were long overdue for some finger and toenail painting…in our favorite color…bubble gum pink.
To pass the time before AFTERNOON kindergarten we played with friends at Mommy Monday.
Finally it was happy meals from MacDonalds. As luck would have it the toy was little American Girl Felicity paperdolls. Well the toy gods must have been smiling down on us because we had just rented the Felicity movie weeks before. Kylie kept saying, “How did they know that we wanted these?!!”

We finished just in time to snap a few pictures and get Kylie off to school. She was so excited. She already knew 6 of the kids in her class and was glad to see them in front of the school.


As a novice school mom (Kylie being my first to go to school) I had forgotten to tell her how we would find each other after school. So I somehow missed her and couldn’t find her, but then I heard a little girl sobbing to the crossing lady…I felt so bad!
In the evening we celebrated Tessa’s 2nd Birthday. She loved her toys especially her baby!


We ended our day dancing to Taylor Swift singing at the CMA awards!
After days of fighting and grumpiness both girls were so kind and happy that I wish every day could be like this!
5 comments:
I'm so sad I didnt know that it was Tessa's birthday yesterday, I didnt even say happy birthday at Mommy Monday! Looks like it was a GREAT day...hope the rest of your week goes as smoothly!
So cute. I love how her backpack is as big as her whole torso. I love the first day of school. So cute. When I read the headline I though: "Man... Michelle had one of those days too!" Glad yours was good. I am still recovering from mine! :) You are awesome. What a cute mom you are!
Looks like a fun day. All of you girls are so cute and are lucky to have such a great mom. Good Luck with preschool this week.
What a fun day! You are such a great mom! When do you ever get tired?!? That's so sad about Kylie crying to the crossing guard, isn't that how we Mom's learn?? It is for me, anyways!
oh so cute! did you cry when you dropped her off? happy b-day to tessa!! :)
Post a Comment