Friday, June 26, 2009

Here She Is!




Yesterday we welcomed a new addition to our family...Mallory Jane! Mallory's due date was July 15th so we were a little surprised by her early entrance into the world but weighing in at 7 lbs 8 oz and measuring 20 inches long I have to wonder how big she would've gotten in the next 20 days?!

I did some major cleaning on Wednesday which is kind of unusual because I usually wait for the weekend. In my mind I thought "hey I must be 'nesting'..." My next thought was that I would probably be cleaning again and it was too that nesting didn't automatically bring labor.
Well I guess my wishes came true because I could definitely feel her pushing the next morning (Thursday). If you have ever been pregnant you know that babies usually push "out" but she was definitely pushing "down." I had contractions off and on during the morning but nothing consistent or strong. Still I kind of finished up some last minute preparations. From about 12:00-2:00 and my contractions were 7 minutes apart but not strong enough for me to head up to Ogden for delivery. Throughout the day I kept Kody updated at work and finally at 3:00 I decided he should head home.
It was a good thing because by the time he got home my contractions were more intense and 3 minutes apart. On the way up to Ogden the contractions were 2 minutes apart so we had my mom meet us at the hospital. The nurses took their sweet time checking us. They asked me what I was dilated to at my last appointment and when I told them a 1 they apparently thought "this lady really isn't in labor." We were put in a room at 4:30 but they didn't even hook me up to a monitor.
Through a series of events...namely me making them check me and convincing one nurse that my babies do come fast...we quickly got monitored, moved, a ivy started, and an epidural. The doctor came and after one and two pushed Mallory was born at 7:35 p.m.
She is such a calm and cute baby. Her sister already love and Kylie can't wait to get her home.
Here are a few pictures for now...there will be many more to come!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What I a cute little girl!

Julie said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet her. Kylie and Tessa are so cute with her. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hurray! Early deliveries are the best! So glad everything went well. She's a doll. If we could just find a way to stunt their growth and keep them newborns forever. Let me know if you need anything. I'd love to bring you dinner sometime!

Heather said...

I'm glad you made it to the hospital in time. It sounds like she was ready to get here! She is so cute. I bet your girls just love her. I will call you soon and see if Kylie and tessa would like to play.

the fellers said...

she is so cute! what a great story! Congrats...i am so happy for you guys and i cant wait to mee her!

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

so is it bad if i start to pray for the same thing to happen to me...well, aside from it being a little boy that pops out (instead of of a cute little girl)

you are the only one i have heard make labor sound like no big deal.

Morgan said...

She is such a cutie! I love your pictures of her and can't wait to see more.

Jacqueline said...

She's beautiful! All your girls are so cute. I'm glad you made it to the hospital in time, which was always my worry. Enjoy not being pregnant anymore and those first weeks, they go by way too fast!

Kristine said...

Oh she is darling! Congratulations!

P.S. I hate when nurses don't believe the mom! Grrrrr.....

Kari Clark said...

Awesome! I'm so glad that you are not pregnant anymore - wahoo!! And Congratulations, she is the sweetest little baby girl - All of your girls are adorable!