So my husband turned 30 yesterday and I feel bad because I really wanted to make this birthday different from all the others. But unfortunately yesterday I was holding two preschool programs. I tried to think of something else we could after his birthday but this is kind of a different year for us, between me being pregnant and him building a cabin we don't have a lot of time or options. So this may seem like any other birthday with presents, a cake, a movie, and going out to dinner. But I wanted him to know how proud I am of him and all that he has accomplished and all that he is. So here are 30 Things I Love about My Husband:
1.) He looks so hot with his hat on backwards. I know this is a little surface level but hey I think my love for him is a compilation of big and little things.
2.) He has a great smile.
3.)He can figure anything out. I mean this literally...electrical, construction, mechanical...anything.
4.)He always puts the leftovers away. Again a silly little thing, but in the evening when I'm tired this means a lot.
5.)He knows a little about everything. He always knows that latest news and other current issues.
6.)He's laid back. He's a pretty even-tempered guy and that rounds out my emotional side.
7.)He's "Task Completion Oriented." This a phrase we thought of when we were first married to put on his resume but it really does fit him perfectly. If he something isn't working or broken he fixes it immediately. He's not a procratinator and will work at something until it is finished.
8.)He's trustworthy. I have complete faith in the decisions he makes for our family.
9.)He's SMART. Two Masters Degrees by the time your 30...not too shabby!
10.)He's practical. Sometime I think this isn't a blessing but in reality it keeps our decisions and finances in check.
11.) He's totally himself. He never pretends to be anything but himself.
12.) He sings off key. I know I make fun of him but secretly I like the fact that he doesn't take himself seriously too seriously and can act goofy every once in a while.
13.)He's a good conversationalist. My extended family wants to talk to him more than do to me at parties and reunions, and of course, I love lying in bed with him and talking about everything and anything.
14.)His long eyelashes. I'm also glad that gene came through for our girls.
15.) His thick hair. 30 years old and not a receding hairline or bald spot in sight. My girls also lucked out to inherit long thick hair from dad.
16.)Nice hands. I know these last couple are superficial, but hey, it's my list.
17.)He's a good dad. I love watching Kylie and Tessa greet his when he comes home. Pulling on his name tag, giving fist bumps, and hugs.
18.)He's a great provider. I never really worry because I know he will always do anything and everything to keep our family safe and happy.
19.)His opinions. Again, this was something I had to "learn" to love, but I do know when I show him something he will give me an honest opinion and help me to make it better.
20.) His love for learning. I thought I was pretty smart but I realized that some things came easily for me and those were the only things that I excelled in. He has taught me to do the hard things...to push myself academically and keep learning.
21.) His hard working attitude. He doesn't complain about getting up early or working late. If things to be done, he simply gets them done.
22.)He always drives when we go anywhere together. Again, a little thing that means a lot.
23.)He puts the toilet seat down. Quite an accomplishment for a guy who grew up with only one sister :)
24.)He values time with our family.
25.)He has the same idea about pets that I do.
26.)He talks to me about things he's interested in.
27.)He doesn't keep anything from me...nothing that I know of at least :)
28.)He's a good son.
29.)He's a good son-in-law.
30.)He's the only man I couldn't live without!
3 comments:
What a cute post! I love reading your blog. I think I'm an addict!
I agree with Noel. I check you blog often for updates. What a nice post about your husband.
cute post! happy b-day kody!
Post a Comment