So I have to admit I do something I thought I would never do as a parent...let my child rot out her brain by watching cartoons. We don't have cable, but there is one channel that plays cartoons pretty much every day all day...Channel 16 qubo. I let Kylie watch in the mornings after she has eaten and gotten dressed while I work on getting Tessa dressed and fed. Also she watches on Saturday mornings. It seems like it wouldn't be that bad but I have noticed a negative (besides the mind-numbing cartoons themselves)... commercialism.
One night she was trying to explain to me that we could buy this thing and you put it on the wall and no more mess just touch it...what?!
I obviously needed to view the product for myself so she called me in and I did witness first hand the ease of THIS
Not a bad idea I thought, but I'm not going to buy one. The next day I was called into see THESE
Okay, I might acutally buy some of those for my kids and preschool.
But it didn't stop there...She wanted me to listen as Billy Mays (the King of Infomercials) told about the awesome power of THIS
Not bad...but not needed.
The "pound that broke the fat woman's back" (so to speak) was when she excitedly pulled me into the other room exclaiming "Look mom, you just get on there and go around and it makes your tummy flat!"
"Kylie, you know why mom's tummy is so big, right?" I asked.
She quickly realized the error of her ways and hurriedly spit out, "I didn't say for you mom, I was just saying."
The sad news is...I'm sure after the the baby's born I will need one of THESE
5 comments:
I had to laugh when I read your post. We were just talking about infomercials over the weekend. That is so funny that Kylie is the one interested in them.
hahahhaha! the ab circle is my new fav thing. i must have one.
where do people come up with these ideas???
oh this post is hilarious! you crack me up, girlfriend! :)
You ARE super funny Michelle. :) Sounds like you have an adventure every day with those entertaining girls.
Ok that is hilarious!! Kylie is so funny! I like the Auger myself. A must have for any 4 year old.
Post a Comment