What is the weight of the biggest baby ever born?
In case you were wondering...
The Guinness Book of World Records says the heaviest baby ever was born to Anna Bates of Canada in 1879. It weighed 23.12lb and died 11 hours after birth. The heaviest newborn to survive was a boy born in Italy in 1955 that weighed 22 pounds 8 ounces.
More recently in 2007 a Siberian woman gave birth to her 12th child and was stunned to find that little Nadia weighed in at a massive 17 pounds, 1 ounce.Nadia was delivered by Cesarean section in the local maternity hospital on September 17, joining eight sisters and three brothers, a local reporter said.
"We were all simply in shock," said Nadia's mother, Tatyana Barabanova, 43. "What did the father say? He couldn't say a thing - he just stood there blinking." ALL of her other babies weighed over 11 pounds!


Also a woman in Brazil gave birth to a 17 pound baby boy. The doctor said his unusual size was probably due to his mother's diabetes condition.

Not to worry Kidshealth.org notes that most full term newborns weigh between 6 pounds, 2 ounces and 9 pounds, 2 ounces.

Me…I’m shooting for between 7 and 8!
*In the last picture I think the normal-size baby should have a little thought bubble reading "What are they feeding you?" or "Don't Eat Me!"*
4 comments:
Oh, c'mon Michelle! You're tough! I think you can handle a 17 pounder! :) When I was at the hospital after I had Justin, one of the nurses was telling me about this lady that had a 14 pounder. Apparently, she came to the ER with stomach pains...didn't even know she was pregnant, and delivered a 14 pound baby! Crazy!
Can you IMAGINE!?!?! What the heck....I better knock on wood while I am writing this cause what if it happens to me! Those babies are as big as Rylee is now! Some even bigger! wow!
I can't help but tell you that Kody's grandfather weighed 15 lbs at birth. His mother giving birth to 15 children all weighing over 10 lbs...( a 14 lb sister died at birth because of being too large)
Can't imagine!
oh my gosh!!! those babies weigh more than preslee-- she is 2!!!!
Post a Comment