Saturday, May 9, 2009

MOM



Just wanted to give a little tribute to my mother. My mom has raised 8 children (2 boys, and 6 girls). Through all the book reports, science fairs, PTA's, and finding of talents she has somehow managed to keep her wits and her sense of humor.

So in honor of my mom, Joann, MaDean...Grandma Deanie
Here are just a few, the Top Ten, things I love about my mom:

10. She's funny. My mom has a great sense of humor. She can keep everyone laughing with her stories.
9. She's generous. My mom is very generous...she does a lot for our family and for those in her ward and neighborhood.
8. She's fun. My mom loves to plan activities to get the family together. Just sitting around talking with her is enjoyable.
7. She's resilient. My mom never lets herself dwell on the negative. She's a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" kind of woman.
6. She's hardworking. I don't know how my mom accomplishes all she does. There are only a few moments when you will see her sitting down.
5. She's loving. My mom has a great love for people and is someone who will cry for and with you. She has the unique characteristic of empathy. Sympathy is feeling sorry for someone, empathy is really understanding another persons pain.
4. She's creative. She has great ideas from everything to a day with the grandkids to a school project.
3. She's a good listener. She is still the person I call when I am have good or bad news.
2. She's unselfish. I think when you have that many kids you don't have time to think of yourself. My mom would share anything with anyone...including her material possession, time and talents.
1. She's a great grandma! I don't think anyone can truly appreciate their mother until they have children themselves. Now I love watching my mom with my children. She makes them feel so special. She gives them hugs, makes them laugh, and know just what to do to make each one of the grandkids feel special.

Happy Mother's Day! You're the Best!


2 comments:

Kari Clark said...

I love your mom, too!

Kamal and Amber said...

What a great post for your mom. She sounds like a wonderful person...she sounds a lot like you : )