Monday, January 26, 2009

Embarrassed

Okay I am so embarrassed! I cried in front of other people last night. To make matters worse it wasn't the pretty kind (if there is such a thing)...no it was the shoulders heaving can't catch your breath kind of cry.

I really am not an emotional person and I can't remember the last time I cried like that. Oh sure I cry when I hear a sad news story or a really heartwrenching movie but apparently I ALSO cry when I'm extremely frustrated as well. Usually I vent to my husband but I guess when telling my plight to other women the frustration got to me and I let the waterworks loose.

So now I feel really ridiculous and am hoping the people who saw don't think I am a crazylunatic.
I'll blame it on the hormones.

Have any of you had this experience?

6 comments:

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, I am sorry, that has happened to me, a few times, and I get so embarrassed, but I promise it is worse for you then the other people, and they dont think any less of you because of it. One time was when I was still in high school...I had pretty decent grades, not the top of the honor roll or anything, and I was really REALLY struggling in a class, the only class that I had ever struggled in THAT bad. I studied SO hard for a test and I totally did HORRIBLE on it, I was so frustrated. So I decided to ask the teacher for help. Well, I waltzed up to his desk and said, "I dont know what I am doing wrong....what can I do to do better?" And I lost it...bawled like a baby, he probably didnt know WHAT to do! haha....another time was when I was pregnant with Scoty, we were in Canada and I was staying while Shon went back to school for a few weeks...i was so bored living down here alone while shon was in school, so i decided to stay in Canada for awhile with my family. Well, it was my birthday when he was leaving, and just as we were leaving to go say goodbye, his whole family started to sing happy birthday to me, I was embarrassed that they did that in the first place, and then I was just so caught up in emotion, that I started to bawl! haha....it was so embarrassing...but they thought it was cute...haha....I am sure it is all good, if you ever need to talk though...I totally understand the hormones thing!

The Pedersen Haus said...

I'm sorry but I'd love to hear more details about the bawl fest! I've never seen you cry!!! I'm sure it was worse for you than for them. Maybe you can get one of them to cry next time?

Julie said...

Michelle,
Don't feel embarassed at all! It is good for people to see your emotions. It means you are human! :)
This happens to me every time I get frustrated and the worse is when I am trying to be firm with someone and my voice starts cracking and I tear up. I cried in front of my boss and her secretary, I was so mad about things that had happened and I was trying SO HARD not to cry and it didn't work! That was embarrassing.
Anyway, I wouldn't think any different of you and I'm sure the people who shared that experience don't either. You are great!

M. Leigh Marrott said...

Umm... so have you never met me? I'm sure you had to have seen me cry a few times like that while we were at Ricks. If not, you should feel deprived, I put on a quite a show.

I don't cry like that very often anymore, but it usually happens at the doctors office. I get really nervous thinking they won't take me seriously and if it's for my kids especially, I am usually exhausted and frustrated that we can't seem to keep them healthy. Anyway, I cry almost every time. I hate it. It's like having your emotions linked to your tear ducts. I cry when I'm any emotion to an extreme: happy, sad, angry, anxious, afraid, etc.

Sorry you had to go through that, but I think we all do at least once in our lives and probably the people you were with won't even remember in a month or two, if they are even thinking about it now.

Hope you got all your venting out and whatever it is that caused the crying gets better soon!

Love ya
Mir

Danielle said...

lol...don't be embarrassed! i makes me feel better when someone else does the crying-- i would for sure blame it on pregnancy though! :) is everything ok?

Kari Clark said...

Chel - you are the cutest girl ever! Of course we've all done broken down before - and when I'm pregnant, it's like a weekly thing. Maybe my embarrassing recent moment will make you feel better... we took the kids bowling for FHE, Ana dropped one of the balls and it started rolling across in front of other people, so of course I chased after it, with Sophie in one arm, and totally slipped on the oiled lane and fell on my butt in front of all the people watching the Clark Circus - to top it all off, I dislocated my tail bone while performing the feat. I hope that atleast the laugh of imagining all of that happening brightens your day! Love ya - I wish we lived closer so I could come over and you could bawl and tell me all about it. But for now, know that I miss you.