Friday, November 21, 2008

When is a Baby No Longer a Baby?

So that's my question. How do you know when your child is no longer a baby? Is it when they turn one, walk, get their first tooth, talk...

Well the signs have all been there: walking, babbling, some healthy chompers, trying to feed herself, blowing bubbles in the tub water, etc. but today I finally had to admit that my 14, almost 15 month old is no longer a baby.

It happened when we went shopping. We were in Target in the child's department and she looks up and see the huge baby on the sign for the baby department. She kicks her legs, points, and says very loud and clearly, "Baby." I didn't even know she knew how to say that word, and I guess when you can identify another baby you are out of the club.

Then we start going down the toy aisle and she is so excited! She has never shown mush interest and now she mumbles the same jibberish as she points to different toys. She is definitely telling me what she wants for Christmas!

So now I must prepare myself for the next stage...Toddlerhood...heaven help us! :)

Do we all hate our high pitch mommy voice played on video?!

3 comments:

Amy Hansen said...

Now what do we call her? no more baby Tessa? :( Tessa the toddler? T-dizz? lol...but good news is "Teacher will have a tiny baby in her tummy ...soon " Right?....

Danielle said...

oh she is so adorable! it was fun seeing you guys the other night. we need to hang out more! we miss the nelsons! your girls are so sweet.

Julie said...

She is SO cute!! I love the bubble blowing :)