As many of you know I run a preschool out of my home. I don’t usually write about it, but today I thought it might give you all a laugh. November’s theme for the month is People and Places we love. We are talking about friends, family, houses, and homes. I made up this Parent Book entitled “My Parents by the person who know them best…me [student name]!” I have them draw a picture of their parents and then I get them to finish statements and I write down what they say. Some of the statements include:
My Mom is years old.
My Mom’s favorite food is
My Mom likes it when
If my Dad wasn’t a Dad he would be
My Dad is good at
Well I have gotten some really funny responses when asked how old their parents are; answers range from 6 to 60 with most saying 25 or 22. Some dads would be garbage men if they weren’t dads, and “the Utes” is most of the dad's favorite sport.
One little boy answered the statement “My Dad is " with the statement “a genius.”
We did the mom part of the book on one day and the dad part of the book another day, but I noticed when I asked one little girl, “My momther likes it when..." she answered “when my dad watches us.” Next day, same statement for dad, “My dad likes it when …answer “when mom watches us.”
There were so many funny sayings but the last on I wanted to share was the response to “My Dads name is...” One little boy didn’t understand and answered “dad.” So I tried to clarify by asking “What does everyone else call your dad?” His face brightened and he answered, “Brother Call.” I thought this was pretty funny because his dad was in the bishopric for a long time and is now the stake executive secretary!
3 comments:
My boys all have made things like this in their years in Head Start and I agree they are so fun! I got a My mom is 2 inches tall, My mom loves my mom, My mom's name is Honey and My mom loves it when she loves it.
These are the kinds of things I keep for their scrapbooks. It's so fun to remember their thought processes and personalities at that age.
You are the best preschool teacher in Utah I know!!!
Much Love- Mir
ps how's the Train to Potevka coming?
What a fun idea! I love how honest and innocent kids are. Thanks for sharing :)
love it! so funny!
Post a Comment