In February Kylie joined the school choir. Every Monday and Wednesday she had to get up
early…7:00 am and then Kody would drive her to school. They had their end of year choir concert this
month and it was VERY good. I got a heads up from another mom that there are
never enough seats so when I took Kylie down for the pre-recital practice at
5:00 I stayed and saved seats. It is a
good thing too because when grandma and grandpa arrived at 6:00 (a full half
hour before the start time) all the seats were taken and there were a good 20
people standing in back. The choir
sounded so good warming up that my mom and dad thought it was the high school
choir. Some of the notable songs they
sang were: Ode to Joy, Old Dan Tucker, and Seize the Day (from Newsies). I tried to listen and enjoy it but we brought
the kids and I forgot to brink Baylor’s snacks and I had to try to appease him
for an hour on tiny pieces from 4 sticks of gum. Also he found a cookie on the floor and I just let him eat it because I knew he would scream if I took it any...not my proudest mom moment but we made it through.It was so nice of my parents to drive down to
see it. After we went to Tucanos to
finally celebrate my birthday, Kylie's choir performance (and mother’s day) with a nice meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment