Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Window!

Remember when you were in first grade and your teacher had a special chart to chart how many kids had lost a tooth?  And remember how badly YOU wanted to loose a tooth and be part of the chart? Well that dream came true for our little Tessa.  She wiggled and cajoled her little front tooth until is was bending forward and back.  Then she waited and waited for Dad to come home and help pull the little thing out.





I was in the other room unaware that this was the "big moment" until I heard the half laughing/half crying coming from the other room.

She put it in a little pouch under her pillow and was so excited when I told her that sometimes if it is your first tooth the tooth fairy sometimes lets you keep it so you can show your classmates.


The next morning she couldn't stop smiling. Tessa usually won't show her teeth in any professional picture but she stood there smiling in the mirror and said "mom I used to not like this smile (the big one that showed teeth) but now I do!"

No comments: