Friday, June 24, 2011

Gettin' Dirty!

Let me start off by saying I really DISLIKE running! But when my sister asked me if I would like to run the dirty dash with her, my other two sisters and some friends I immediately said YES!
We got these nifty socks to show everyone we were a team!
(L-R My sister Laura, niece Taylee, sister Amy, Me, and my sister Becca)
In case your not familiar with this race it is a 5K through MUD!
This is the starting line! Yes the first part is UPHILL in the MUD!
There are tunnels, hay bales, walls to climb, and these nifty mile markers that give you stop and take a picture by (a sneaky way to catch your breath!)

Then you climb to the summit and ride a HUGE SLIP 'n' SLIDE (wish I had a picture).
The last part is deep, nasty mud!

We finished!


















And our socks were none the worse for wear...LOL!
The post-game wrap up included freezing showers and some changing in the parking lot! It was a BLAST!

No comments: