Saturday, June 12, 2010

FINISHED


About a year ago my husband, dad, and brother bought a lot in Garden City (Bear Lake) and began building a cabin. Almost every weekend for a whole year they would go up and work for 2 days straight. Needless to say that last summer was hard and not very fun for them and us moms at home with the little ones. They did 90% of the work themselves. Everything from pouring the foundation to framing. They poured the concrete countertops themselves and welded the metal railings. My brilliant husband put in a geothermal heating system and did all the electrical himself (the inspector commented that he had never seen a system done so well and asked who the "electrician" was). So after months of blood, sweat, and tears we have a gorgeous cabin!
We are so thankful to them and look forward to many, many years of wonderful memories up at the Cabin!

You can go to this website to see the final pictures!
www.bearlakegetaways.com

My husband is also working on another website that chronicles all the steps they went through to "build their own cabin." I will post about it when it is finished!

P.S. To all my friends out-of-state...if this doesn't get you to come visit me, I don't know what will! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your cabin is beautiful. I can't believe they built it. That is amazing. Your family is going to have some good times at Bear Lake!!

the fellers said...

how cool! I am so excited for you guys...and done just in time for summer!

Kari Clark said...

Holy Cow! That is AMAZING! I can't believe that they did it ALL themselves, that rocks. Alright, twist my arm, I'll definitely come and visit you!

M. Leigh Marrott said...

I'm with Kari... twist my arm :) I'd love to come visit, even without the cabin. It's gorgeous. Good job guys!