Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tiles, tiles, and more tiles

Mold! I had been fighting mold in our shower ever since we bought our house almost eight years ago. We used the fan when we showered but still I found myself srubbing it with bleach about every week. We even tried stripping and re-caulking the seems...nothing worked.
Right before Christmas Kody decided he would once again re-caulk the shower...instead he started to dismantle the shower. I was a little un-nerved at first because I like a little notice before these major remodeling projects but when we found mold under the floor of the shower I knew it had to be done.
Demolishing the old shower with glass and cultured marble was quite a feat. Then he had to put in new hardibacker and poor a new floor with liner. It seemed a lot of our nights and weekends were filled with concrete, mortar, tiles, and grout. We worked hard but it seemed that there was always more to do.



Last week we finally completed the project and are very pleased with the results. I will never look at the *tile the same way.

*we actually used Tavertine, but it's hard to say that three times fast :)

1 comment:

Kari Clark said...

IMPRESSIVE!! That's all there is to say.