Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving and 2nd Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving! I am one of those people who gives proper respect and waits until after this blessed holiday to listen to christmas music and put up decorations.
Thursday we celebrated with my mom's family up in Ogden. It was a smaller gathering this year (only like 30-40 people :)) but the food was delicious, the company even better, and the kids ran off and played the whole time.
On Saturday we celebrated...what I have termed 2nd Thanksgiving. If you haven't tried 2nd Thanksgiving I highly recommend it. Celebrated on the Saturday after 1st Thanksgiving...it gives you just enough time to empy your stomachs before hitting you with another dose of family, food, and fun. This time we celebrated with my dad's side of the family and it was just as enjoyable day.
After 2nd Thanksgiving we headed down to the Ogden Christmas Parade. The girls loved sitting with their grandparents and seeing all the floats and lights...it was a great way to kick off the Christmas Season!

No comments: