Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Stitch in Time...

saves a little girl from a big scar.
Spring had been a little crazy with Kylie playing soccer and t-ball. She is loving both! I have been enduring the cold temperatures and keeping her sisters occupied during said events.
Thursday Kody was home from work so he watched the girls while I took Kylie to soccer. Then we met at the T-ball game. I put out a blanket and we were enjoying our first game without freezing winds and rain. The game was almost over and Tessa was moving around on the edge of the blanket. She suddenly cried out in pain. I lifted her up and their was blood oozing from her knee and a broken bottle top on the ground. The blood was pouring out and I fished two band-aids out of my purse. But there was still blood all over my hands so I ran to the car for some wipes. In the minute it took to get back blood had totally saturated the band-aids. We took off the band-aids to clean the wound and put on a bigger bandage and decided she needed stitches.
Thankfully our doctor office has late hours on Thursday. I called and they said to come in. Kody took Kylie and Mallory and I took Tessa to the doctor's. When we got their the nurse on duty was our neighbor Kim Laing. She treated up great! Tessa didn't cry at all as she cleaned her wound and even when she found out she had to get a shot and stitches.
She cried just a little when the shot when in (but Kim soon had her happy again with a bubblegum sucker). She actually only got one stitch. The doctor make a box stitch of sorts around her "V" shaped cut.
I am so proud of Tessa and so grateful for our friend Kim!


1 comment:

Heather said...

She is so brave! We love Tessa