The sun was shining and our chores were done so we decided to spend a little time together as a family. Kody thought it would be a great idea to visit Antelope Island and was horrified to learn that "I had lived all my life in Utah and have never been to ANTELOPE ISLAND!" (It's not like I lived my whole life in California and had never been to Disney Land).
So we packed up the kids and drove along the causeway out to the Island.
As we drove I remembered why I probably had no desire in the past to visit...you see Antelope Island is a piece of land in the middle of the Great Salt Lake (thought I would share that in case any of you are as shameful as me and have never been) and the salt water tends to be....what's the word...Pungent! Lucky for us it was the winter and the swell wasn't so bad but I think there is an abundance of stench and bugs in the warmer months.

Kody thought it would be like visiting Yellowstone...and well we did see buffalo



but the similarities ended there.
We drove on down to the Fielding Garr Ranch

There was all sorts of old interesting things.



But apparently my children don't appreciate Utah History like they should...maybe when they hit 4th grade.

This is a picture of Kylie after she yelled at Mallory for touching things. I reminded her that I was the mom and it made her SUPER happy! :)
But fortunately there were some fake horses and cattle to sit on,



and a Great Horn Owl to see,

and we actually spotted some "Afelope" far off the road (thanks Tess). FYI, you can spot their "white bums" above the brush.
So the day turned out fine!

But next time I think a certain male (who shall remain nameless) should give my suggestion of "Chuck E Cheese" a little more consideration.
2 comments:
I think I'm retarded, I can't see the white bums!!! Fun trip though, I think we will go do that. Looks cheap and it takes up time, lol!
That sounds like a trek that our family would take to somewhere "new", luckily every once in a while we hit really fun "new" place.
Post a Comment