
*WARNING: This post is about nothing in particular...just something to break up the monotony between child and vacation posts, but on the plus side I think you will get to know more about me than you ever wanted to;)...ENJOY!*
Yes that is a picture of my newly beautified phalanges! How is this blog worthy one may ask (that one probably being my husband)? BECAUSE I am 29 years old and just a week or two ago got my FIRST pedicure!
I can hear the intake of breath as you go into shock
How does one get to be 29 and never have a pedicure one might ask? I asked myself the same question and here is the multi-dimensional answer I have broken down into a timeline like fashion:
"Teen Years"-I suspect I never had a pedicure in high school for 3 reasons 1) I was too poor; I could barely scrounge up $2 for Zingers and a Fruitopia for lunch 2) You can't wear opened toe shoes on the volleyball/basketball court as well as the softball and/or track field 3)I just wasn't "that" girl
"College Years"-Oddly enough I come up with reason #2 again...Poor
"Married Years"-it really never crossed my mind.
"Motherhood"-This was the time that I noticed women with glistening, soft, callous-free toes, but I guess I played the martyr thinking it was a luxury I wasn't worthy of.
But when I received a "pedicure coupon" for preschool graduation from two very astute mothers who had obviously seen my gruesome feet and thought that it would both for everyone involved, I had reason to hope!
But not being a normal pedicurist I did not take my fat pregnant feet in because I think I really wanted to see what miracles could be worked by a short Vietnamese woman. So I waited all summer until the coupon was going to expire before giving it a try.
AND....
I loved it all! The oils, the rubbings, the painting, the 45 minutes of silence!
What I didn't love was rolling up my pant legs to find un-shaven legs...beginner's mistake?!?!?!
But all in all it was a-ma-zing and I am hooked. I told my husband I EXPECT a pedicure coupon every mother's day!
Some woman make a bucket list (things to do before they die). Some items might include seeing Paris, going bungee jumping, etc. My goals are more realistic...finding my true hair style, owning a piece of jewelry valued over $20...but now I can officially cross off "Get a Pedicure!"
6 comments:
I've never had one either. Now you have me wanting one!
oh your toes look fabulous! wish mine did! :( you deserve a monthly pedicure for all that you do! :)
Your toes look so cute! I'm always jealous of the girls who get pedi's monthly!! I made a rookie mistake the first time too, unshaven legs, never again!!
Haha--too funny! You are not the only girl to not have had a pedicure. I always figured those were for higher maintenance girls but I too got a gift card for my birthday. I've been afraid to do it so thanks for the tip about shaving your legs before hand. :)
you are hilarious! I LOVE them, and I am so glad you have finally found the joy! I LOVED this post!
Can I just say, I love you! You make my day with your hilarious commentary. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pedicure. I never had one until a few years ago either (My sister, Ana, took me to get one. I think she thought my feet were gross, too.) I am in LOVE now, too (with pedicres)! We'll have to go and get our toes done when I come out there sometime.
Post a Comment