Monday, February 17, 2014

VaLenTiNeS and PreSiDenTs

I had the girls fill out their Valentine's a week early.  At the time I thought "why am I doing this so early?," but it was a good thing because for some reason the preschool parties really drain me and I was exhausted the night before Valentine's Day.

 I was so proud of Mallory filling out her Valentine's all by herself...I loved to see her checking off each name.  She chose scented Valentines with Lik'em Sticks.
 Tessa chose Dress-Up Valentines (cute girl figures with clothing stickers) for the girls and split a box of spy decoders with Kylie for the boys.  She wanted to give everyone Valentine Fruit by the Foots.
 Kylie chose Valentines with Nail Stickers for the girls and gave everyone Gummi Bracelets.
 Their favorite Valentine Surprise came on the night of the 13th with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. My Dad has a tradition of tricking people with his Valentine on a fishing line trick.  He used to take the girls to do it to my grandma and great aunt but this was the first year since they both passed on and so he did it to the girls and they LOVED it!
 And of course grandma brought TONS of gifts.  Valentine puzzles with special poems on them, candy, heart-shaped banana bread, and winter coats and hats for their American Girl dolls...they are ADORABLE!
 Aunt Becca sent a special Valentine Package from Pennsylvania!  It was so nice of her, especially since she is so busy!

Kody and I got the girls each a stuffed animal, necklace and earrings and some fun books.
 I was able to help Kylie with their class party this year!
 I loved helping with the Waffle Bar Table.  Heart-shaped waffles with ice cream and every kind of topping you could think of :)

Kody's parents sent an awesome box of winter hats, candy, lip gloss and earrings!    I didn't get a chance to take a picture since we headed up to Bear Lake with Kody's co-worker Paul and his family right after opening it.  That night the adults ate a Valentine Dinner at the Bear Trapper Steak House.  It was delicious food and a great couple hours getting to know the Archibald's better.
Saturday we spent the day sledding. These girls have it pretty cushy sledding down the hill and then having Kody pick them up in the sled behind the snow mobile and driving them back up the hill.
 Baylor was just so happy to be out that he crawled all over in the snow.



After getting chilled to the bone we headed back to the cabin for some hot tubbing.  With Monday off Dad got to do some skiing and we introduced the girls to the movie classic Napoleon Dynamite!  It was an awesome weekend for Valentine's and Presidents! I hope my girls will always remember how lucky they are to have so many people who love and care about them...parents, teachers, friends, aunts, and grandparents.


No comments: