Kylie turned eight in August and we celebrated early with a Nancy Drew Mystery party. We invited some of our "old" friends from Woods Cross and some "new" friends from North Salt Lake.
We started the party by making sleuth notebooks with matching pens.
Then we went to open presents only to find a note telling us that one of the presents was MISSING and it was up to the super sleuths to solve the "Mystery of the Missing Birthday Present."
The girls got on a disguise (sunglasses and finger mustache tatoos) then grabbed a sleuth tool fromt he bag.
The clues were all around the house and the tools helped us with the clues. For example one tool has a mirror because a clue was written backwards, another tool was a code to decode a coded message, still another was tape to put together a ripped picture.
The girls had a great time running from one clue to another (I wish I had gotten more pictures of it...but the girls were in a hurry...they had a MYSTERY TO SOLVE!)
The final clue led to the mailbox where Kylie found the gift and cute pink and zebra watch.
Then it was time to open presents. My mom and I had to laugh because almost every gift was something to MAKE. I joked that I hoped a major blizzard would hit so we could actually finish everything.
We ended the day with an ice cream cake and pizza :)
1 comment:
Looked like it was a FUN party! Hope it feels GREAT to be EIGHT!
Love, Grandma Nelson
Post a Comment