I had my second doctor appointment Friday the 13th. I was 16 weeks and hoping to find out the sex of the baby.
Hoping to kill two bird with one stone I also set up a hair appointment with my sister Amy at her salon right after. I was going to be gone about 5 hours so I told Kody I would take one of the girls with me. At first I was thinking about taking Mallory but Tessa was having a hard day so at the last minute I decided I better take her instead…what a good decision.
She felt so important riding up with me and waiting in the waiting room. When we got in the room Dr. Bierer came in and started the ultrasound. He started about by measuring the baby and checking out the heart. With each thing he checked Tessa would say, “Yep, it’s a boy.” We just laughed and then finally Dr. Bierer got down to business and started imaging to find out the sex. He confirmed indeed it was “definitely a boy,” and Tessa shouted, “I knew it!!!”
I had plans to find out and then do something really special but having Tessa with me kind of put a kink in the works. Tessa is not good at keeping secrets…especially a secret this big and exciting! So after our trip to the Salon we bought a cake and put blue sprinkles on it and wrote the words, “It’s a Boy!”
When we got home we had Kylie, Mallory and Dad sit at the table and close their eyes. When they opened their eyes they had a big surprise!
1 comment:
Congratulations! What a cute surprise. What sweet little "mommies" all your girls will be to him.
Post a Comment